Monday, October 15, 2001

Why shoes are important

Why shoes are important 10/15/2001
Today was an interesting day without the sec 4s around. Of course there were a few around, some on the official study timetable:"I-have-to-be-here-because-my-parents-don't-trust-me-to-study-at-home", some because teachers wanted to see them and some ... well, some are always around. Anyway, had to see some PRCs for EL early but after that got to talking to kid from 4B. Was quite an interesting conversation ... but that's not the point of this entry the point is ...

Ok: Background - If Sec 4s want to come to school, they must be in full school uniform (Mrs L - DM)

Kid from 4B was not in "proper school uniform".
She was wearing the "old" PE T-shirt and slippers(!).
Wisely enough, she had, borrowed someone's shoes to walk around school with (from reading room)
I was dumb enough to suggest: "Let's go to the canteen I need a drink".
On passing the back of Audi to go to Canteen I make the quaint observation: Oh everyone (Sec 1-3) is in the Audi for Assembly
Kid from 4B meets person she borrowed shoes from in the canteen, who needs shoes back
despite my violent protests, she takes off shoes and says "it's ok, I can go around barefooted".
I am wrong - not everyone is in the Audi ...
In the middle of saying bye bye ... guess who turns up ...
Yup
Mrs L(to me):"Your student?
Me: Yes ...
Mrs L(gesturing to kid from 4B): "Come here ..."
Me - Feeling really guilty ... can only look on in silence and think "why am I so dumb".

Then I remember - after school I still have to attend a meeting - in close contact with Mrs L ... stress ... must hide behind VP ...

Fortunately, Mrs L was quite blur (she actually thought she didn't need to attend) about the meeting, came late and was still quite blur, and I kept giving suggestions so that there would be no conversational lull for her to ermmm, mention the "events of the day".

So - 1. wear your shoes to school

or - 2. Hide a few extra pairs in the reading room (!!joke!! for the clowns who might take this seriously - irony ... )

No comments: