Sunday, September 30, 2001

Things Change

Things Change 9/30/2001
Ok for the people that have bothered to write a note - maybe it's nive to know that this is a recount - so that the comments will be in that perspective ...

So the last entry had me not really wanting to commit to 4K, but several things changed all that.

1. Several members of the class were pretty enthusiastic about doing things right - remember WanJun doing up an excellent class seating plan (which I could shift and play around with ...) plus Kimberly's really positive attitude about all things.

2. They bothered to come to my house for CNY (sort of invited themselves) and that gave us all a chance to hang out apart from a formal classroom setting - which was quite fun. (We also played that infinitely silly - but challenging - sign game ...)

3. CIP for the Gujarat Earthquake victims. I guess that sealed it for me. I realised that I had inherited an immensely talented and spontaneous bunch of kids whose enthusiasm for learning and experience would otherwise be limited (ahem ... forgive the pun on the name) by me. I was major impressed by the commitment of the art people and by Hui Yi's holding everything together. I was also impressed by Feng counting recounting recounting (you get the picture) money.

So I came to know that 4K was made up of quite wonderful bunch of people in spite of all the stuff that I was apprehensive about ... I think things took a turn for the better.

No comments: