Friday, September 14, 2007

Some things I've been watching








I haven't really written about the films I've been watching in a while -- so here's a short list.
Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story
The Paper Chase

The Jacket (this was Edna scouting out less known Keira Knightly films)
Domino (Another Keira Knightly film that was really quite funny and great fun ... she's a bounty hunter in this one)
Several Louis Malle documentaries (The Criterion Collection's got a 'new'ish line which releases less well known works by great film-makers. It's aptly named Eclipse. I've had the good fortune of watching (or 'archiving', ahem) the first two sets: The Early Films of Bergman and the Documentaries of Louis Malle.
Eric Rohmer: Suzanne's Career and The Bakery Girl of Monceau.
Basquiat!
I've also starting viewing Roberto Rossilini's post-war trilogy of films: Open City, Paisan and Germany Year Zero. Thanks to the excellent public interlibrary loan system that connects different libraries throughout Michigan State, I've been able to get a hold of some pretty interesting materials.

No comments: