Sunday, July 29, 2007

Veggie Overdose

So -- yesterday was day 2 of the veggie soup diet -- the hardest day for me cause you don't eat fruit on day 2. We (yes, Edna's doing it with me even though she has no weight to lose and she's never lost anything on the diet when we've tried it out in the past) ended up eating a nice salad for lunch (Baby Arugula and Spinach, with balsamic vinegar and olive oil) and stir frying some bitter-gourd and brinjal for dinner. In effect, it didn't look all that different from a regular day's menu except that there was no carbo.

In place of carbo -- vegetable soup. Edna's convinced that I hate the soup because 1. I eat it really slowly (it's the only thing that she finishes before I do), 2. never go for seconds and according to her, 3. have a look of intense agony on my face as I slurp each painful spoonful. Strangely, I think the soup reminds of home cause it tastes exactly like the thing I used to make back in Singapore, down to the same brand of chicken broth. We're almost out of soup -- so I'll probably have to cook up another batch today. I'm thinking of pureeing it all (with the slurpie blender) and see what it's like.

So -- it's day 3 of the diet -- and I'm allowed fruit AND veggies today. Thank God for fruit.

No comments: