Saturday, July 28, 2007

Back to the Soup

I'm trying to lose some weight (what's new) and have resorted to the only diet that has ever worked for me: the Vegetable Soup Diet. It's day two of the Diet -- the hardest day for me cause you can't eat fruit on this day (and I'm not so hot about the Veggie Soup, though by most accounts it's a really yummy soup). Anyway, I've got a whole stock pot worth of Veggie soup and lots of green leaves to work through today.

Day One -- wasn't too bad. Partly because it's berry season here and I was stuffing my face with strawberries and cherries. I like apples also (they're the potatoes of fruit), so not being hungry isn't a challenge. But I was thinking about food constantly yesterday -- about Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Dinosaur BBQ Ribs -- and I haven't even eaten these things for a really long time. Shoot this entry is causing me to salivate and all I have in front of me is this bowl of soup ...


The diet worked really well back in 2000/1 when I lost quite a lot of weight going on it. Of course, I tell people that the diet just gives you a kick start and motivates you to work out. But I'm sure that in some secret compartment of my grease-loving soul the diet represents both penance and a quick-fix for all those meals made up of Popeye's Fried Chicken (the best in the world in my book ... and available on just about every major street in New York, on MLB Blvd in Lansing and at Changi Terminal 2 ...)

Anyway, I've been working out (moderately -- I'm doing the Couch to 5k running program) and hopefully weight loss will help me up the intensity of the work outs.

No comments: