Monday, November 06, 2006

The Same Ol' Blues

It's been a terrible day. I've had to deal with irresponsible colleagues and naughty (you wouldn't believe it) students. Plus, we're facing immigration woes on a very "standard" procedure that has become a nightmarish labyrinth of phone-calls to faceless recorded messages and unhelpful information people.

But, beyond all that, there's always music and the blues. So here's a recording of a blues tune that I've been working on. I've been intrigued by the blues for a long time (after I watched, in the late 80s, a film called Crossroads -- with bad acting by Ralph Macchio but a superb and evocative blues soundtrack by Ry Cooder). And I've just got myself a new guitar (though this recording was done on the old one. The story behind the tune? Well, I've been practicing it a lot and the wife has heard it just one too many times. Anyway, she's been saying -- "Again?! Why don't you play something else ... thus ... the Same Ol' Blues ...

Same Ol' Blues

Play it again

No comments: