Thursday, November 29, 2007

Iron and Wine

By divine providence and sheer good luck (actually I was searching for something for a section title for my chapter), I visited the "Morning Becomes Eclectic" and Lo and Behold, Iron and Wine was slated to play live at the station!
It's worth a listen if you like Iron and Wine. If you aren't already a fan, I sure this set will convert you. He mainly sings material from his new album : The Shepherd's Dog. He does an acoustic version of "Boy with a Coin" which is really great, even though the rich textures of the album version is also mind-blowing. He also sings the extremely moving "Ressurection Fern" and does a very tender version of the epic song "The Trapeze Swinger" (where there's a point when he has to censor himself for radio), and the hauntingly beautiful (if grammatical strange) "He Lays in the Reins".

Listen to it here! (I'm glad I listened to it 'live' cause the link doesn't seem to work properly -- then again, it might just be my connection and you might have better luck)

Other Iron and Wine performances:
NPR World Cafe. (Interview and Studio performance)
In Concert

No comments: