Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Back to the Movies

I finally got myself a library card from the Capital Area District Library, which is public library that serves the greater Lansing area. Their holdings aren't bad and what really prompted me to go and get a card made was the desire to do a Bergman retrospective (although I'll probably do that in bout a month's time, after the Orals) and the fact that I'm learning how to drive (another story for another time), thus making the libraries accessible. So, I've requested a whole list of movies from the libraries (they too have a nice delivery service like the NYPL), and I collected my first batch of movies yesterday.

The first thing I watched was "Eros", a series of three short films by Wong Kar Wai, Steven Soderbergh and the recently deceased Michelangelo Antonioni. There's a nice review of the three films here, (which essentially says only Wong Kar Wai's piece is worth watching) although I think that the second film by Steven Soderbergh was pretty interesting for me as it involves the dreaming up of a clinical situation that parodies a psychoanalytic session. Anyway, the DVD had a really nice cover too.

No comments: