Sunday, September 22, 2002

A 95

What's a A 95? Until today I didn't know. Then I got letter from the ministry stamped all over with red "confidential"s. Of course it had been opened and pawed through by the VP and P ... obviously "Confidential"ity has its other meanings in our bureaucratic Universe.

Anyway, an A95 is a Medical Review for People that were appointed to MOE under some clause that states that these individuals might have "non-organic" medical problems. My A95 refers to the Army Incident obviously.


MOE had, in 1999, after I informed them about the Army Incident (otherwise they would never had known - as to why I informed them ... that's a story for another day)decided that I was not psychologically sound enough to teach. They decided then to not appoint me to the teaching service. Which suited me fine as I was rather interested in doing a further degree anyway - except that they wanted me to foot the bill of the bond - 120 000 buckeroos - at which point PSC got involved and convinced that I was not as shot in the head as the paranoid Doctors at MOE thought I was. Anyway - they certified me "Unfit" then "Fit", all without my presence (and knowledge), until they came to the final decision.

So today I get a letter saying I have to go for a medical review.

To which I politely replied -
1. They certified me mentally unfit and fit (and God only knows what else) without interviewing or talking to me in the first place. Certainly my presence at a review won't make a difference.
2. The review was supposed to be in Dec 2001. If they were to busy then to bother, I don't see why I should bother now.
3. Coping with depression is a continual process. You can't tell from a review session (where they ask silly questions) how a person's coping. Anyway, I haven't been on Medical Leave ever since I started teaching. If they want to review people, they should start with everyone else first.

And that - no - I wouldn't be attending any medical review.
Petulant? Stupid? It's just a formality you should go through?
Perhaps.
But we find our sanity in shaping and defining our decisions. Perhaps I did just a little bit of that today.

The good side of all this? The P and VP probably think I'm crazy - means they won't get me to do important (to them) stuff - that's good, very good. It'll actually give me more time to TEACH and think about HOW TO TEACH. Maybe I should grin at them once in a while ... just to remind them ....

This entry accepts ALL NOTES.

Mr lim.. exactly what was the "Army Incident".. really want to know more about it. [
^54^D4k0]

hoho..THAT army incident.. -kiM

even though I'm not your student, but I am interested in knowing more, seeing that you're a teacher in my school... Heh. Hope that you'll drop in once in a while. [
NiceShorts]

haha...will always remember your army incident...and sighh...it's kinda sad that our life is dictated by reports and stuff...yupyup...i mean knowing you for 2 years now...hmm...i certainly haven't seen any symptoms...except for your occasional pmsing :) and your tinge of cynicism...otherwise, i'd pass you as "fit" anytime...but yeah, if you like, a smile or two at the vp and p won't hurt - eunice

Way to go Mr Lim~
it really angers me, those people who think that depression is a sickness they can diagnose and cure like the 'flu. wait till they go through it themselves.

....i think a whole 75% of the teaching service can be classified as A95...

maybe the ones who should go for medical reviews are the VP and P. i seriously don't think you are unfit to teach. [
Chaotic Tranquility]

lOl... hmMx... then wldn't the staff in skool try to keep their distance frm u in case u strangle them n stuff? *gRiNx* [
heaven by your side]

haha.."confidential"... [
Outrageous Outlaw]

has the p or vp talked to you about it before? hehheh... maybe they'll send you back to rv... -kel

Don't let them get you down dood. Those prissy shits obviously have got nothing better to do, and their constant preoccupation with unimportant matters such as this probably explains the miserable state of the system today. In a demented sense, you stand to gain out of this. Hell, you could be Singapore's very own John Nash! Uhh ... Just a thought there ...
- Shuhua (yes, THE Shuhua) :P

(= maybe one day you shoot grin with a knife to prove them right, since they don't wanna be proven wrong. [
crimson//incision]

haha... so being nuts and feigning insanity has its ups too! =) [
iuXioN]

they don't understand. [
temporary.sanity]

don't worry. no need to go for the interview. i know you're insane. =D -vituperated ab origine.

the sTrangling thing i rEmember... vaguely.. sth abt u gonna strangle our other form tEacher besides mr choy.. wondEr if we eVer hEard youR aRmy sTory... no idEa.. :) i rEmEmbEr aLot oF laMe things you dO in cLass eg. stick ur tongue into the fan but i tHink yoU r.. eR..ok la.. [
dUm8^9er]

haha. haha. interesting, mr lim. i applaud u. certainly there's nothing wrong with u. it's just them. don't u worry.
lixin

No comments: